Members of the Executive Council of Shri Shivaji Education Society, Amravati (Parent Trust)
Technical education for the individual, social and national development with global acceptance, by providing the relevant infrastructure with due consideration for our culture and the environment.
In full obeisance to the vision and foresight of Dr. Panjabrao alias Bhausaheb Deshmukh, this institute will strive tirelessly to educate and qualify the students from all the strata of the society, who are future engineers and technocrats, to take up challenges of modern era so that they are nationally and globally accepted in the application of their skills and knowledge to the benefit and development of the society.
College of Engineering & Technology, Akola is central India's premier multi disciplinary Engineering institute engaged in education, Applied research, training and consultancy services which focuses clearly on Engineering
Education at U.G. level. COETA was established in1983 and is affiliated to Sant Gadgebaba Amravati University, Amravati (NAAC accredited). It is recognised by the Govt. Of Maharashtra and the All India council for Technical Education (A.I.C.T.E.) New Delhi and council of Architecture. The college is situated in a quiet and peaceful part of the city with a teaching & learning environment.
It is in the close proximity of Agriculture University, Industrial Area, Dental College and upcoming Sports & Health complex on NH. No. 6. At Akola. College has 39 acres of land and total built-up area is above 1 Lac thirty thousand sq. Ft. It has well planned, comfortable, attractive palatial building for administration, teaching, work shop, library, canteen, conferences. THREE COURSES HAVE BEEN ACCREDITED BY NBA IN 2006. Its experienced, highly qualified staff & stable faculty is the soul of the college which is after the continuous over all development of students. Alumni of college have a large presence in industry and other academic institutions have good reputation and are possibly technical leaders In their industries. Good success rate in industry, depth of knowledge, discipline, over all growth in personality, brand name all make it possible for pass out students to have best opportunity of placement
The Shri Shivaji Education Society, Amravati is a premier educational institution of Central India with branches in all the districts of Vidarbha in Maharastra. It is registered as a Public Charitable Trust ( R.N. F/89). Its founder President was the late Dr. Panjabrao alias Bhausaheb Deshmukh who established various schools, colleges, hostels, and other teaching and technical institutions and devoted all his energy for strengthening and enlarging the activities of the Shri Shivaji Education Society, Amravati.
The Society was registered in December 1932. In 1958, it had one primary school, seven middle schools, and eight colleges. Today it runs 24 senior colleges 54 Jr. colleges, 75 middle schools, and 35 hostels mainly in the region of Vidarbha but also in other parts of the state. The educational institutions cover areas like agriculture, arts, biotechnology, computers, education, physical education, engineering, horticulture, information technology, law, medicine, micro-biology and the pure sciences. It also runs a Polytechnic for boys and girls at Amravati.
The Shivaji Education Society was founded by Dr. Panjabrao alias Bhausaheb Deshmukh in 1931-32. Along with other members, Bhausaheb devoted himself to educating the people by establishing schools and colleges far and wide in the Vidarbha. The Society was awarded the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar 'Dalit Mitra' Award in 1993-94 by the Govt. of Maharashtra. In the year 1999-2000, the Society was awarded the 'Gadge Maharaj Memorial Award, on 5th September 2000 the Govt. of Maharashtra declared the Society as the "Best Administered Society" in the state and bestowed upon it a cash award of Rs. 1 lakh. In its citation, the State Government formally recognized the seminal contribution made by the Society in the field of education and cultural advancement.
Objectives of Society
Dr. Panjabrao alias Bhausaheb Deshmukh, the first Agricultural Minister of India, established the Shri Shivaji Education Society, Amravati in the year 1932 for the following purposes:
- To establish, conduct, manage, supervise, and take over educational institutions of various kinds for boys, girls, and adults;
- To provide facilities for the acquisition of knowledge and information and the advancement of culture;
- To undertake and make available facilities for research in all branches of knowledge and to establish institutions for the purpose;
- To carry on experiments with a view to improving methods of teaching and establishing institutions for this purpose;
- To encourage physical culture and to start, conduct or manage institutions for this purpose;
- To encourage women's education by establishing special institutions like hostels, widows' homes, nursing schools, etc.;
- To establish hostels for poor boys and girls and to open and conduct orphanages.
- To co-operate with the government and other Societies, institutions, and bodies for the purpose of promoting the cause of education and the spread of knowledge and culture;
- To establish, start conduct, and manage printing presses for publishing books, periodicals journals, and other educational material;
- To undertake farming, gardening and to acquire land on lease, or to purchase land for the same purpose;
- To start other subsidiary activities and institutions such as the establishment of stores, medical aid societies, etc.;
- To help, assist, and aid any institution under the management of the Society or otherwise, by advice, guidance, and supervision;
- To organize exhibitions and culture- weeks, etc.;
- To organize and run tournaments, competitions Olympiads etc.;
- To undertake publicity and propaganda by all possible means, such as film lectures, debates, and demonstrations;
- To hold, organize, arrange, and manage conferences, seminars, Kavi Sammelans, etc.;
- To acquire property, both movable and immovable, to raise funds for carrying out the objects of the Society;
- To do each, every, and all such things as are incidental or helpful or conducive to the accomplishment, attainment, and furtherance of the above objects.
It is my great privilege to reach out to you. It gives me great pleasure to extend a greeting from Shri Shivaji Education Society, Amravati.
A glance at the information will highlight the excellent infrastructure and environment. It will also reflect the meticulous care taken in maintaining high academic standards through our well-qualified and experienced Engineers and Architects.
I am proud to mention that, we have adopted excellent practices, methodology, and types of equipment in the functioning of the college.
Three of the college courses are accredited and remain in the process of accreditation. The college started in the year 1983 and celebrated its silver jubilee next year.
The ambiance of the college is student-centric and our students have always been my first priority. Nurturing the potential of students, giving them exposure to the latest technology, and enabling them to become committed to the cause of society is our prime goal.
I welcome you to our college.
Shri. Harshavardhan P. Deshmukh
College of Engineering and Technology, Akola is one of the oldest institutions run by Shri Shivaji Education Society, Amravati, the second biggest Educational Society in the Vidarbha.It gives me immense pleasure to welcome you to the most Creative and Technical world of COE & T, Akola, which opens the door of professional life you are intended to live in future.
It gives me immense pleasure to welcome you to the most Creative and Technical world of COE & T, Akola, which opens the door of professional life you are intended to live in future.
Over the development of students is our prime motto so that they will prove themselves as good member of society and help in building a developed society and help in nation building thereby.
|INSTITUTE AT A GLANCE|